Saturday, September 22, 2007
This brooch has a new home.
This brooch has a new home........
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
1. My darling husband, Danny, and I will celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary at the end of November.
2. I love animals! At one time we had sheep, goats, a calf, rabbits, dogs, cats, a ferret and a cockatiel. But right now we just have one very wild and crazy cat named Rusty.
3. I've read The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings trilogy through every few years for the last30 years or so.
4. I hate to follow directions and rarely make a recipe the way it is written. (I'm not sure what that says about me?)
5. I collect Noah's Ark things. I have way too many of them!
6. I am so glad this is only 6 and not eight again!!!!! Is that a fact, umm, probably not. We eat peanut butter and tomato sandwiches. If you haven't tried it, don't knock it until you have! Yummy!!!!! I also like peanut butter and banana sandwiches, peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches and I like to dip pretzel sticks in peanut butter. And of course the famous PB & J.
Now I am suppose to tag six people, so here goes..... I will go read their lists in a couple of days.
Green Circle Studio
Fine Art By Renee
Monday, September 17, 2007
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.
Fact 2. I love to read. I read all kinds of things. Right now I'm reading grandson T's Harry Potter books. I'm on the fourth one. T thinks Gramma is cool.
Fact 3. I love music. I have daydreams of being a piano bar singer leaning on the piano or heading a big band like Doris Day. I play my guitar and sing in the praise band at our church which isn't quite the same thing, but I get to use what musical talent I have.
Fact 4. I have been sewing since I was tall enough to stand and see the needle and step on the pedal. I would cut out doll clothes and wait until Mama got up from her machine and sew my seam while she pressed hers. Mama took in sewing for a while when I was growing up and was an amazing seamstress.
Fact 5. Daddy was a printer. We owned and ran the weekly newspaper in LaGrange, MO when I was small. He could spell every word there was....I can't spell worth a fig!
Fact 6. I am the baby of the family. I was a bit of a surprise. I still am!!
Fact 7. I love old movies and movie stars. Bing and Bob and Danny and Cary and Fred and........
Fact 8. My goodness, this is harder than I thought it would be! I love cats! I get to have one, his name is Rusty and he is the prettiest red tabby with a bullseye marking on his side. After he uses his litter box he runs out of it as fast as he can go to escape the smell. That is a random fact about Rusty, but it will have to do.
I don't think that I have many readers, yet, so I will just leave this open ended. Anyone who hasn't done this one yet, consider yourself tagged!
I had fun yesterday in my studio. I am stuck on making big flower pendants. I love them and I think they look so pretty hanging on a ribbon or cord. So, I will end this with a few pictures of big flower pendants.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
As I was placing the spoons and forks in the correct slots he was digging through the odd pieces that reside in the front part of the drawer. He lifted out a baby fork and wanted to know if he could play with it. I told him he sure could, so he took off for the toy cars he had left on the living room floor. I finished what I was doing and sat down at my desk to work a bit at the computer while E was occupied playing. After a little while Little E said, "Gramma, Look! It's a forklift!" He was lifting one of his toy cars up on his fork. I don't believe E thought it was as funny as Gramma.........
A picture of our little guy deep in play mode:
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
METAL BUTTON CENTERS:
LEATHER BUTTON CENTER:
We are having a lovely day in Illinois. It is in the mid 80's.....but I'm holding out for 70 degrees or so. I love the cooler temps of fall. It won't be long I'm sure.
Saturday, September 1, 2007
I spent quite a bit of time in my studio today. It was very nice and I enjoyed the time so much and I love the results!!!!! One pendant I listed in my Etsy shop this evening, but I'm going to show all of them here. Lord willing, I am going to work in my studio most of Monday.
I don't think that I will post tomorrow as it will be a busy day. We have our time of worship and then a family picnic. Just what Sundays are suppose to be full of - worshiping our God and spending time with our loved ones......what a joy!!!!