Tuesday, October 28, 2014

To Spritz or To Spatter...That is My Question

Announcement! I have reopened my Etsy Shop and have had my first sale! Yay!!! So far I am just relisting items that I let expire when I put my shop to sleep. It was a longer sleep than I was planning on....but it is now awake. 

I have been playing with some art journaling, water colors, and mixed medium pieces. I have been having a lot of fun experimenting and having great fun! The thing that I have the most problem with is getting myself to stop playing before I go too far and I am not happy with the result of something. But that is all part of playing and experimenting - to get to know how things look. I scanned this water-colored pen doodle.
I was pretty happy with it as is...but, I love spattered things.  I used to do some wood finishing and I loved to spatter specks of varnish on some pieces to give a bit of depth and ummmm grunge. So I spattered.
I am not so happy with the result, and it cannot be removed. What I used is a mixture of a brown color (I can't remember the name of the color right now) of Twinkling H2Os mixed with water and put into a spritz bottle.  It makes such a fine mist and I just don't really like the look of the hundreds of specks....I like the look of spatters.  SO...I now know that I would much rather spatter with a paint brush than spritz. 

I spritzed this piece...and although I do like the way it turned out, I would have liked it better with spatters.

 This last piece....is spattered.  I like spatters!
The new supplies I am playing with are: Twinkling H2O water colors.  Color yummyness in little pots. Gelatos....still playing to figure them out. Pastels, chalk and oils.  And Ranger Distress Ink pads.

Many Blessings,  Zuda Gay

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin