Friday, July 22, 2011

Oldish and Newish Browns

In my last post I mentioned I was going to share some of my work to show color combinations incorporating the color brown. I have found that brown goes with so many different colors and makes a great base for setting a calm and warm mood to a piece and maybe even hints of age.

This is my newest pendant that uses brown,
more as an accent rather than the focal color.

I used it in this flower to tone down the flamboyant oranges and yellows.


There is something that hints of richness when combining red with brown.


Peach and brown gives an old almost Victorian feel.

I do believe that Browns and turquoise were meant to be together.


Copper, brown, gold, pearl, bronze.....yummmm


This has to be one of my favorite hearts I've made over the years.
Pink makes brown sweet, but not too sweet.


This was a pretty early pendant that just happened while playing with scraps.


Thank you for joining me for a bit of a journey down the Brown Memory Lane.

blessings, ZudaGay

3 comments:

krafterskorner said...

Great post! I like your items!

Jean Levert Hood said...

lovely as always!

Unknown said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin