Friday, April 23, 2010

A Visit To a Time of Beauty

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to time travel to another time - a gentle time - a time of lace and ribbons and buttons and bows? sigh.... The last time I checked, no one had invented a time traveling machine, but for a little while we can sip a cup of our favorite tea (I have jasmine green in my cup) open a package of those cookies we have stashed for a needful time (mmmm Pecan Sandies) and go back a few years to the Victorian Era.

Let me introduce you to the lovely Judi Brandow who is the proprietress of not one, but three beautiful Etsy shops. Let's stop first of all at the Vintage Legacy Studio where Judi offers some beautiful vintage possessions, antique pieces and nostalgic collectibles for your perusal.

Vintage Sewing Machine Drawer and Embroidered Sewing Chatelaine

Vintage Hand Mirror

For your wearing pleasure, Judi creates the most beautiful wearable art from bits of lace, velvet, silks and satins and many other delightful doodads that she finds in her studio of treasures. She offers these delightful statement necklaces and fiber art jewelry for sale in her Imaginuity Shop. I am so blessed to own one of Judi's brooches which she made with me in mind.

Turquoise N Jet Statement Bib Necklace

Versatile Statement Accessory Necklace

Lastly we will enter this sweet little shop called Pocket Comfort. This is how Judi describes this delightful shop: "At Pocket Comfort, you will discover all kinds of pockets, from pocket comfort quilts and cards, to fashionable holders in a variety of sizes and colors. Because envelopes are also pockets in their own right, I have incorporated many of my designs into greeting cards that can be easily mailed to bring comfort, joy, love, and encouragement to others as well."


Mother's Day Card - Vintage Secret Message Style

Mini Crazy Quilt - Fiber Art Card - Mother Gratitude

I hope you enjoyed our little trip to the past in the present. And, I hope you take some time as you sip your tea to browse through Judi's lovely shops and glean a little glimpse of her heart and passion. Please remember these lovely shops when you need that one special gift or a statement piece of wearable art.

blessings, ZudaGay

7 comments:

Ceci said...

Such a wonderful write up on Judi's shops. Cool cool cool

Judi B said...

Thank you so much, Zuda! One of my favorite things to do to slow my own pace of life is play with all my laces and trims of the past. I even have a china teacup sitting on a vintage tatted placemat here on my desk as I type. . . joining you in a cup of tea. :)

Julie G. said...

What a wonderful blog Zuda....and couldn't' happen to a nicer person. I love Judi's stuff!

On a Whimsey said...

What a wonderful, inspirational journey! It is good to remember the past and bring it to the present in the clever way Judi does.
Thank you for sharing!

Zuda Gay Pease said...

You are welcome, Judi!!

Ceci, Julie and Pat, thank you for your comments!

Anonymous said...

Judi's work is so romantic and lovely. Great blog.

Jean Levert Hood said...

soooo delightful, Zuda!! Thank you for sharing these wonderful finds!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin